Why lead an Owner Manager’s Network Special Interest Group
- OMNSIG leaders are offered continuing help and advice in setting up, running and maximising the benefits from running a group. There is a yearly half-day and lunch meeting in Birmingham (Tuesday 6 September TBC) to meet and share learning with other group leaders.
- The group leader gets to set the group agendas, manage the membership, invite new members, moderate the content, direct message the group with a regular news letter etc generating multiple opportunities to position the leader and/or the leaders organisation as thought leaders in the chosen fields of activity.
- Group leaders will be invited to develop (and share in any income from) events with the OMN events team and will be offered platform opportunities at other OMN events.
- Group leaders or their nominated organisation will be offered generously discounted rates for all content marketing services supplied by OMN main platform and its sister publication The Information Daily (www.theinformationdaily.com)
- From time to time the OMN main platform ( www.ownermanagers.net ) commissioning editor will contact group leaders requesting opinion pieces, video interviews, podcast interviews etc from their group members. This will be seen, by the members, as being “within the gift” of the group leader.
- Group leaders will be encouraged to come forward with suggestions for topics where they are willing to be interviewed for video or audio content on the main platform and group leaders will be canvassed for comments and soundbites for inclusion in OMN main platform written content
- Group leaders will be able to access the group resource area for viewing and uploading shared content including written, video and podcast content.
- Group leaders can use the OMN small conference facility (seats 45) in central Birmingham. This is of course subject to availability. Early booking is encouraged. The small conference facility is offered to OMNSIG group leaders free of charges other than catering costs for a maximum of four days each calendar year.
- OMNSIG leaders will benefit from discounted prices for sponsoring content or advertising alongside content on the main platform.
Group leaders duties
- The OMN will never contact the group members directly with sales messages of any sort. When, however, the OMN publishes a story that the publisher feels is of interest to a particular group we will email the group leader and request them to email the group notifying them about the story.
- When OMN organises or is partner in organising an event we will email the group leader and ask him or her to email the group notifying them about the event
- The group leader must ensure that all content within the group area is free from racism, sexism, ageism, and/or prejudice against minorities of any sort; and/or any incitement to violence or hatred or any sort whatsoever. The publisher will monitor site content and offer advice and where necessary instructions to ensure that content is kept honest, clean and fair.